Hastings Housing Resource Centre
Housing Support Services for Tenants
The Hastings Housing Resource Centre (HHRC) provides assistance locating and securing temporary and permanent housing.
Free Housing Support Services Offered:
- Up to date listings of available rental housing (available at the office, by phone or through the website).
- Housing assessments and counselling
- Assistance in applying for Ontario Works
- Referral to other community agencies and programs – system navigation
- Homeless prevention and housing retention
- Follow-up services
- Assistance in applying for subsidized housing in Hastings County
- Residential Tenancies Act information
- Mediation services for tenants and landlords
- Emergency provisions for HHRC clients
- Advocacy for the needs of the homeless
- Referrals to the HHRC’S Intensive Case Management Services
- Identification of local housing needs
Services for Landlords
The HHRC provides assistance to landlords who are in need of tenants to rent vacant units. We list your unit for FREE!
Free Services Offered:
- Registering your unit is as easy as making a phone call or sending an email.
- We have a waiting list of potential tenants, which can reduce your advertising costs.
- We have current information on the latest government programs to assist the housing market.
- We offer pamphlets on landlord/tenant legal issues.
Interested in listing your rental unit? Contact us today!
How to Contact our Housing Counsellor?
- Phone: 613-969-1748 ext. 231
- Email: email@example.com
Intensive Case Management Program
What is an Intensive Case Manager?
An Intensive Case Manager (ICM) is someone who can assist individuals or families who are persistently homeless, currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless due to safety or health issues. The ICM can assist these individuals or families in finding housing that is safe and affordable. Once the housing is stabilized, the ICM can help the individual or family identify other resources that may be needed to maintain this stability, i.e. food, employment, child care services, clothing. If the individual or family desires or needs other services, the ICM can make referrals to other community resources.
Who can qualify for the Intensive Case Management Program?
In order for an individual or family to qualify for the Intensive Case Management Program, they must have at least two of the following criteria:
- Be homeless or be at risk of becoming homeless due to safety or health issues
- Have a mental illness or an addiction issue
- Be a victim of domestic violence
- Lack the knowledge of local resources
- Have a disability or a communication barrier
- Have no supports (family, friends, etc.) in the community
- Have actively searched for housing but have been unsuccessful
- Assistance in determining housing needs
- Assistance with the housing search
- Referrals to other services and advocacy for the resources needed
- Information and support needed to be successful
How to Contact an Intensive Case Manager?
- Phone: 613-969-1748 ext. 249
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 613-392-1387 ext. 339
- Email: email@example.com
Servicing all of Hastings County for individuals and families aged 16-24
Phone: 613-969-1748 ext 222